As well as offering a fantastic range of books for every interest and occasion, Blaenau Gwent Libraries also provides…
All Libraries in Blaenau Gwent offer free informal taster sessions in basic internet usage. We also offer free I.T. support, ranging from setting up emails, tracing your family tree online and general internet searching. Contact your local Library for more details.
- FREE internet access at every library – book in advance or just drop in!
- Audio books available on MP3 download, CD and tape.
- FREE help tracing your family tree.
- Photocopying, fax and printing services.
- Loan of DVDs and computer games for XBOX 360, Wii and PS3.
- Regular events ranging from author visits and storytelling to historical talks and basic internet taster sessions.
- FREE school holiday activities for children.
- FREE weekly activities and classes.
Our friendly staff are always happy to help so pop in and see us at your local library!
Ebbw Vale Library – ‘First Click’ sessions, every Thursday 10-12.30 (3 week course for beginners, basic computer and Internet skills)Please phone the library to book a sessions, Ebbw Vale Library 303069
Ebbw Vale Library – ‘Jobclub’ Every Monday 2-4pm. Help with on-line job seeking, Cvs, computer skills. Drop-in, no need to book.
Tredegar Library – CV workshop every Tuesday morning 11.30-1.30 (help with on-line job seeking and Cvs) Please phone Tredegar library to book a session 357869
Abertillery Library - 'Work-Club' every Wednesday morning 9.30-1.30. Help with on-line job searching, C.Vs and basic computer skills. Drop in, no need to book. Telephone 01495 355646 for more information. Click here to watch the youtube clip.
Abertillery Library 'Cyber Tillery' Club every Tuesday morning 9.30-12.30. Help and support with family history and tracing your family tree on-line. Drop in, no need to book. Telephone 01495 355646 for more information.
Brynmawr Library 'Work-club' every Thursday afternoon 1.30-4pm. Help and support for job-seekers, on-line job-searching, applying for jobs on-line, C.Vs etc. Drop in. no need to book. Contact 01495 357743 for more information.